My Breakfast Hack
There’s a salad that I can’t always get my hands on, but when I do I make a magical breakfast. That’s right, the base of a breakfast can be salad IF you get an extremely hearty salad and fry it up like hash. The harvest salad has a quinoa base and is loaded with: kale, roasted butternut squash, shredded beet sticks, craisins, and pumpkin seeds. This recipe feeds two people:
- Heat up a large pan with a little olive oil in it. Cover the pan evenly with salad.
- Drizzle the salad with Nado’s Peri Peri sauce* and mix it up. (I use the medium spice formula)
- When the salad is audibly sizzling make two holes and place a cracked egg into each one. Pour a dab of Peri Peri sauce on them too.
- Flip the eggs when the white is mostly set. Continue cooking until the eggs are cooked to your liking. We like over medium.
- Place one egg and half the salad hash into each bowl and enjoy.
*Nando’s Peri Peri sauce is available for purchase in many supermarkets and also any Nando’s restaurant. If you haven’t visited a Nando’s know that their chicken is excellent as well as their salads and side dishes. NB: Chicken is the only protein they serve.